Good Friday


Procession 1:
Cross He carried on shoulders
As He came out from the fort
Hebrew women assembled
Weeping and wailing for Him
Holy Mother stood afar
With her kin waiting for Him
Overcome with grief and pain.
Like a dove she moaned and cried,
“Where, where are they taking you
My Son, my beloved one?
O, why Thou did Thyself give
Unto these unrighteous ones?
My Son, my beloved One
O, what has befallen Thee?
Blessed is Thy lowliness
And passion all - for – our – sake.”



Procession 2:
Joseph, hailing from, land of A-rimathea
He was one righteous, and venera-ble.
Beseeching He came, unto Pi-late’s Court
Pleading for Jesus’, Body Di-vine
Body of Savior
Most Holy – Treasure
Grant Thou me, Ru-ler
I may bu - ry Him – my – self
Crucified was He, on a Cross by Jews
Give it unto me, for my de-light



Veneration of the Cross:
We – bow – be-fore Your Cross
That brought us salva-tion
And with the – thief we cry out
Christ remem-ber us when- You come

(prose)

(song)



Morning Kauma:

Christ sa-ved us by Passion and lowliness
Let us, kneel and adore Him this morning.



3rd Hour Kauma:

Thy ser- vant questioned Thee Christ, on trial
Have me-rcy on us, at Thy- Judgment Day




6th Hour Kauma:

Thy ser-vant disdained Thee Christ, on trial
Have me-rcy on us, at Thy - Judgment Day



9th Hour Kauma:
Christ Thou- effaced her who cru-cified Thee
For us – Is Thy Cross refuge and fortress

Comments

We tried the veneration of the Cross prose in Philly today...it took some time to get right :)
Unknown said…
We attempted last year too... Just need some practice before Good Friday, Thats all... but it was overall good, was expecting to have more english kauma's though!

Popular Posts